Heavy Duty Dual Bulb 72 Watt HVAC UV Air Purifier
Heavy Duty 72 watt UV Light for HVAC UV Air Purifier
GermAwayUV realize that there are few things more important than air quality, and now with our heavy duty 72 watt UVC HVAC air purifier, you can be sure that the air that you breathe is free from the mix of pollutants and toxins circulated by traditional HVAC systems. Typical air purifier units and HVAC systems are definitely useful, designed to filter and ventilate air well, but even the finest filters can’t stop microscopic bacteria and viruses. This device is therefore a great add on because it really does target and stop bacteria and viruses from circulating.
- Dual bulb design for maximum light exposure – to ensure that the UVC light hits all of the air that passes through the duct.
- Powerful 72 Watt system – most devices are typically only effective in small rooms but with this level of wattage you can use the device in large rooms and buildings.
- Energy efficient bulbs - last for 10,000 hours and do not emit any ozone.
- Sealed design prevents contact with voltage and UV rays.
- Available for installation into metal or foam.
Perfect for use in homes, offices, medical rooms, schools and workshops, the GermAwayUV UVC air purifier is effective in small or large rooms, and buildings up to 2400 square feet. The 72 watt system produces UVC light at 254nm, a wavelength able to penetrate and kill the DNA of microorganisms and viruses which can cause problems for humans. UVC emission also acts to eliminate mold spores, yeast, and fungi. By installing this device into your HVAC system, not only will the air that moves through your building be ventilated, it will also be irradiated and disinfected as it passes over the bulb. So instead of just filtered air in your system, you’ll end up with sanitized, healthy air!
Most HVAC systems are built from components that contain or cause the release Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC's). This is especially true of larger industrial units. As we increasingly spend more time indoors, these compounds contribute to allergies and overall poor health. The marvel of UVC is that it is able to eliminate and destroy these compounds, to create even fresher air. Any pesticides, building materials, cabinetry, furniture, damp carpet, air fresheners or cleaning product fumes are also destroyed.
To see the effective UVC output and irradiance check out the figures below.UVC Output (measured on EIT UV Power Puck II)
- @1" around bulbs output is 8.5 mw/cm^2
- @5" around bulbs output is 4 mw/cm^2
- @10" around bulbs output is 1.75 mw/cm^2
* mw/cm^2 is a measure of the light intensity at a given moment. Prolonged exposure at the above intensity measures means cleaner sanitized air.
Simply insert the unit into an existing HVAC system, there are minimal addition running costs. There is also the added bonus of the vital coil system and inside surface benefitting from UVC sterilization.
How to connect the 72 watt in an HVAC unit?
This device is an easy DIY install. For instructions on how to do so, check the manual or have a look at the instructional video below.
Make sure the HVAC system is switched off prior to installation
This fixture incorporates a lamp which emits ultraviolet radiation harmful to the eyes and skin. Precautions must be taken to insure that personnel are not exposed to direct or reflected light.